Below was one of our first adventures. We took a canal boat tour of the beautiful city. I truly enjoyed Amsterdam and all it had to offer. The boat canal was covered so we stayed nice and toasty. We were able to capture a few silly photos before we got on the boat. :)
| This hotel is the most expensive and nicest in Amsterdam. It looks quite exquisite to me! |
After our Heinken experience, we began to walk the streets of Amsterdam. This is one of the memorable views of Amsterdam. We walked to a floating flower market and purchased a lot of souvenirs. It was a great time and little man snoozed the entire way. We tried finding a pancake restaurant but was unlucky. We then continued on our adventure to the Anne Frank House. We were not allowed to take any photos but my mind captured plenty of memories. We had a private tour that explained Anne's story. It is captivating. I hope to actually visit a concentration camp while we are here overseas.
I couldn't pass up the opportunity to pose in the oversized wooden shoes. The building behind me is where they make an abundance of the shoes. Below is an actual demonstration of how they make the shoes. It was very interesting to learn the techniques. The machinery this particular company uses is 75 years old. It looked very labor intensive. I bought Preston a pair for him to stroll around in when he gets older. :)
Below, its the tour of the cheese shop. It made me think of my dear friend, Lacey Shields Berry. They had almost every kind of cheese you could imagine. You can see below all the choices of cheese. And a bonus, there was tasting stations as well. I wish I was more of a cheese lover; however, I bought plenty for friends and family back at home.
The Robertson's at the top of one of the historic windmills. Preston and I watched from the ground and captured the gorgeous pictures below.
It was raining intermittently throughout our stroll in Zanse. But right before we left, I was able to capture this amazing rainbow. I am pretty sure I will never see a full rainbow in my lifetime.
Our trip came to an end Sunday evening and we were all worn out, but had created a lifetime of memories. I can't wait to take Brad back. We went Veteran's day weekend and Monday came along and reminded me how precious life is and how blessed I am to have a husband who serves selfishly in our country's military. Veteran's Day was a tough day but one of reflection and gratitude. Thank you Brad and every other man and woman for putting your country first. I am forever endowed to you!!
Until next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment