Now that little man Preston B. has arrived, I thought I would do a blog post of the last 9, well really 10 months of him growing inside my belly. It has been quite the journey, and I am so glad not to be pregnant anymore. I think I had every possible pregnancy issues you can have, nausea, indigestion, constipation, congestion, fatigue... The list can go on and on.
Anyhow, way back in May Brad and I decided we wanted to start our family. And shortly thereafter, we found out we were expecting little Preston B. Brad was actually TDY (on a temporary assignment out of town) when I realized I was pregnant. The nausea and vomiting had already kicked in and I knew something was wrong. I took a pregnancy test and it of course came out positive!! I decided to wait until Brad came home to break the news. He had asked me that week if I was pregnant and I mischievously said, " No honey, not this time". I'm glad he couldn't see my face because it would have given it away in a heartbeat. Brad was scheduled to come home on Father's Day and I thought what a awesome way of sharing the news. So, I made him this little poster when I went to pick him up at the airport....
My sweet husband looked at the sign and said, "Oh, that was nice of Slade". (Slade is our dog). Then I said, "It's not from Slade, look in the corner"... That's when he realized he was going to be a dad!!! It was a special moment and we were both so excited to become parents!! He was ready to tell the world.
We had our first doctor's appointment to confirm that indeed I was pregnant. The first ultrasound below is 7 weeks along. I also say the high risk doctor right away as well and it is amazing how quickly the baby grows in a weeks time span.
We formally announced our pregnancy to our friends and family at our Surprise Going Away Party just weeks later. Here is a photo of us at the party... I think I am just shy of 12 weeks in these pictures.
Here is little man at 12 weeks. The doctor was able to tell this early on that it was a boy, but we kept it a secret until we had a 2nd and 3rd confirmation. This was our last appointment in the United States and just days later we were on a plane to Germany. I was nervous about moving to Germany when I was pregnant and how their health care would be, but everything turned out fantastic. :)
Below I am about 14 weeks.. Just barely starting to show!!
This was the morning of our first doctor's appointment in Germany. I am 17 weeks along and finally starting to get a mini-bump!! We had another confirmation that we were having a boy and felt safe to tell our friends and family!!
This is the morning of our baby-moon trip to London. I am exactly 20 weeks along!! Everything looking good! We have a 21 week ultrasound as well! Little man is starting to look like a little person. :)
The bump continues to grow... About 22 weeks. The nausea has finally disappeared at this point and I feel like a normal human being! Praise the lord!
Growing right along.. 24 weeks!
The 26th week bump below!
This is one of our favorite ultrasound pics because it looks just like him, chubby cheeks and all!! He is 27 weeks here. Oh, you may be wondering why all the ultrasounds. It is standard of care here in Germany to perform an ultrasound at every visit. I know crazy right? We felt blessed that we got to see our little man growing each week!
![]() |
| 27 weeks.... |
![]() |
| 29 weeks |
My bump keeps growing bigger and bigger, 34 weeks. I am now back in the uncomfortable stages of pregnancy. The nausea has returned and I am no longer able to sleep in our squishy comfortable bed. We moved to our other bedroom that has a firmer mattress. Brad was a great sport and moved with me. We began counting down the weeks until we could move back..
This is the last and final pregnancy picture, 37 weeks and 3 days. I went to my appointment that day and got acupuncture during my monitoring session!! It is part of their prenatal care and they say it is suppose to help induce labor. Boy did it work because I went into labor 5 days later! Yea!
I went into labor early Thursday morning, February 7th at about 0130. I woke up and was definitely having different contractions then my Braxton Hicks! I waited for about an hour before waking up Brad then nudged him gently. We stayed at home until o400 when he convinced me we should go to the hospital. I was still not convinced I was in labor. It took us about 35 minutes to get to the hospital and my contractions had almost stopped by that point. I figured since we had driven there I better get checked. The midwife put me on the monitor and within 5 minutes I was having contractions every 1-2 minutes!!! My labor lasted about 7 hours from that point and I delivered my little man at 1159!! My midwife was wonderful but I couldn't have done it without Brad! He was an amazing coach and helped me deliver our little miracle!
He came into the world weighing 7 pounds 14 ounces, 21 inches long, with a head circumference of 13.5 inches!! A big boy!! We were in love!!! We felt so incredibly blessed that God gave us a healthy baby and healthy delivery.
Here is little Preston B. getting his first bath and he did not like it very much. :(
I stayed in the hospital for 4 nights and then was able to go home on a Monday morning. They like to keep you in the hospitals longer here, although I had no complications. Below, is Mr. P getting his first physical exam by the pediatrician. As you can tell, he likes to show off his muscles!! :)
We were so excited to take Preston home and start our lives together as a family. Below is his first time in the car seat which did not go well. He lost his cool initially, but calmed down after I gave him his paci!!
Preston has been a wonderful baby so far and we feel so lucky to be his parents. He is sleeping well and trying to give his mommy and daddy as much rest as possible. When he is awake, he looks around and takes in the scenery. He likes it when mommy and daddy read to him or play him music. His favorite song so far is Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star! It puts him right to sleep. He also loves peeing through his diapers and getting his clothes wet. :) We go through a lot of outfits in a day. He also loves to eat and is gaining weight quite nicely. At his 2 week check up this past week, he came in weighing 8 pounds, 8 ounces. The pediatrician told me I can let him sleep as long as he wants at night until he wakes up! Mommy was so excited!!
We had his newborn photo session last weekend and can't wait to share the pictures with everyone!!! Thank you for all the love and support over the past 2 weeks. It has been an amazing experience so far and we cannot wait for more exciting times with our little bean!!



























No comments:
Post a Comment