Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hitchershof Pumpkin Festival

As the fall time is approaching, it is a beautiful time in Germany to get out and see the beautiful countryside! And that is exactly what I did, along with 4 of my closest co-horts.  (From left to right) Sabrina, CeCe, Suk, Theresa, and I decided to venture out for the pumpkin festival in Hitchershof, Germany along with all the kids (8 in total) Yes, I know some may think we are crazy, but what else do we do on a beautiful Saturday in Germany while our husbands are deployed??.  This was about 1.5 hours away from where we live.  We met on base, loaded the cars, and caravanned out to the middle of nowhere.  It was quite the event.  From corn mazes to pumpkin bratwursts to pumpkin soup and pumpkin wine; we experienced a unique pumpkin festival.  We had a wonderful time and the kids were fantastic.  After about 3 hours we decided to call it quits and head home for the day.  All the kids slept on the way home and we pulled into McDonalds for a special mom treat. Yes, I know what you may be thinking, McDonalds??, but that is about all the fast food we have around here.  No Taco Bell, Panera, Sonic, etc... We get very excited about the opportunity to eat at a McDonalds, especially since the closest one to our house is 25 minutes away.  Hey, but it's great for the waist line though. :)



From L to R: Sabrina with Adrianna; Cece with Asher & Jack; Suk with Elizabth, Joey, and & Rocco, Theresa with Adalyn; and Me with Preston.



Ms. Sabrina and one cool dude!!

I am not sure he knows what to think of all the pumpkins...




I physically laid him in the pumpkin patch and I am not sure he liked that too much.  I think his face says it all: "Seriously mom?"





All in all, we had a wonderful day and truly enjoyed this unique opportunity to experience the pumpkin patches in Germany.  The only thing that would have made this experience better was having daddy with us; but each day brings him closer and closer to coming home.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment





Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Jen C Designs
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved